Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Notorious Jewel De'nyle Shelly Martinez

The knight, Virginia Henley

Abstract:

Orphaned at a young age, Rosamond Mareshall was placed under the tutelage of Eleanor de Montfort sweat of King Henry III Plantagenet, wife of Simon de Montfort. At twelve, she was engaged to Rodger of Leyburn, superintendent of Prince Edward Island, that he intends to reward him by marrying a rich heiress.
Five years later, Rosamond is summoned to join the one that has become her husband. Furious, the girl tries to escape from this forced marriage. In vain: it must bow to the royal decision.
Seduced by the beauty and intelligence of Rosamond, Rodger displays treasures of delicacy to tame one that should become his wife. Gradually, Rosamond and falls in love blossoms into discovering the sensuality in the arms of Rodger.
Then a civil war broke out. Rodger is recalled by Edward to quell a revolt of barons led by Simon de Montfort.


Opinion :

My first historical romance!
It is with some trepidation, I confess, I started reading this. Unaccustomed of its kind, and with an a priori certain, however, I feel like wallowing in the marshmallow romance.

Rosamond So I discovered a young girl of 17 years, promised to a young man for several years and who intend to break this commitment because it is secretly attracted to another man.
With a strong character, a sharp mind and a strong practical sense, she has in mind all the arguments to ensure that this marriage did not happen. Alas for her, Rodger, his promise is just captivated by his fiery temperament and will have only one purpose, to succumb.

What a pleasant surprise. Virginia Henley's pen is nice, and the romance against the backdrop of civil war is conducted by a master hand, away from sentimentality.
The couple staged is engaging, with strong characters, and I really liked to find myself not face a damsel evaporated and apathetic, but facing a stubborn and intelligent young woman. Rodger is in turn charming and delightful, and I think if I had been in the place of Rosamond would have surrendered long before!
Even if the outcome is known in advance (they lived happily ... etc.), the journey of the characters is interesting and I am not bored for a moment.

So I do not know if I've been lucky in choosing this book, but it is certain that I would pursue this path.

0 comments:

Post a Comment