Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lupus Rash On Shoulders

Harper Connelly Mysteries of T1, Whispers from Beyond the Grave, Charlaine Harris



Abstract:

"Since I ' I survived the lightning, I am able to feel and relive the last moments of the dead. Contrary to appearances, this can be useful: they contacted me to find missing persons ... finally died, I should say. So, I've done my job. Sure, not everyone likes the way I earn my living, but since I have to live with this "gift", both use it. Tolliver, my half-brother with me. A partner I can not live without. Today we are going to Sarne in hopes of finding a teenager. Find the body? Easy! But leaving the city, is another matter! "


Notices :

Harper Connelly was struck at the age of 15 years by lightning. She recovers, and sees himself endowed with the ability to sense the dead and see their last moments. Taking advantage of this "gift", it is his job and travels the country with his half-brother Tolliver to find the bodies of the dead, confirm or reverse the causes of death at the request of relatives or authorities . A specific profession which did not necessarily attract the sympathy of others, including people who use its services yet.
Harper and Tolliver travel Sarne therefore to find the body of a missing teenager, and events will not occur as easily as expected. Throughout history the tension mounts and the author manages to take us into the stifling atmosphere of this small town, making us fear the result of the events.

First volume of this new saga signed Charlaine Harris, "Whispers From Beyond the Grave" is a great surprise to me who am not a fan of the "Community of the South" . History is a detective story, exit vampires and other creatures supernatural, the only element "unconventional" is the gift of Harper.
Heroin is a simple man who received a special feature that it really simplifies life by, and she still tries to use it at best, and to cope with the almost universal antipathy that it arouses. In its missions, it is aided and abetted by his half-brother Tolliver, it seems highly dependent. Their relationship is probably more complex than it seems and I am eager to learn more ...

"Whispers From Beyond the Grave" has the difficult task, as the opening volume of a series, set the scene and present characters. Mission accomplished much since it happens also to captivate us and make us want to know more as soon as possible!

0 comments:

Post a Comment